Brownies…

Vell, I already did a classic (chocolate chips, duh), so ve must do another. My sincerest apologies, but I don’t really do cake (sorry!) cupcakes are fine (preferably no frosting, because usually that messes up), and I LOVE muffins, but when I try cakes, they taste DELICIOUS but don’t usually LOOK that way (and yes, I know that the taste is 2/3 important, but the rest is in the looks!). Wait, that’s a lie. The cake looks fine, but the frosting messes it all up and looks messy. Anyway, I totally got off topic there, sooooo… brownies, brownies, brownies! This recipe I have done once instead of using my normal recipe, and this one was waaaaaay better. There is an option for adding frosting to the brownies, but I wasn’t going to put that on. If anyone wants me to, ask, and I shall add it on, but yeah. Here we go.

Ingredients:

1/2 butter melted (or vegetable oil)

1 cup white sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla extract

1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp baking powder

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour an 8-inch pan.

Pour 1/2 melted butter into a large mixing bowl, and stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla.

Beat in the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.

Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Don’t overcook it!

Oooookay then! Enjoy your brownies! Oh, and about the frosting. I will post the recipe for it if anyone asks. I didn’t really want to do it here because, hello? Frosting on brownies?! But you know, if I must, I shall. If you try the recipe, tell me what you think!

-BakerQueen

6 Comments

1. Do you think melting the butter is what made these different than your regular recipe? changes how the structure of the brownie forms while cooking maybe?

• Actually, I figured it was the amount of flour in this recipe. In my original, it has a lot more flour, and usually that’s common in baking, you know? But in this recipe there is only 1/2 cup, and I have found that usually you have more flour than sugar, but it’s the other way around here. I don’t really notice much difference in the butter variations, but maybe I’m wrong.

• ahh. i make a flourless chocolate torte that is similar, so maybe less flour is the reason for tenderness and chocolate yumminess. 🙂

2. I love brownies! Thank you so much! Also,I know a lot of people disagree, but I LOVE frosting on brownies lol. So, if you could, I’d love the recipie for the frosting, too!!!

3. that sounds like a good recipe for Brownies. I mite have to try that.